GreenGeeks views Pollution issue.

In 2020 the web hosting industry will become as big of a polluter as the airline industry. This is due to the massive energy consumption our industry uses to power and cool our co-location facilities.

GreenGeeks, founded by Trey Gardner in 2008, set out to become an example for all other hosting companies to address this issue and for those companies to become more eco-friendly.

At the outset GreenGeeks has been the world’s most eco-friendly web hosting service putting back into the grid 3X the amount of energy we use and that energy we put back into the grid is produced by wind farms.

If we don’t as an industry change, we will be (and we already are) a major global polluter. Some companies have embraced this ideal however many have not.

According to the Green Web Foundation only 16.6% of all websites are located on eco-friendly web hosting servers, the other 83.4% of websites are not eco-friendly.

The biggest changes in our industry have come from consumers, like you and your clients, making an effort to find an eco-friendly web hosting service. The majority of the hosting companies who have embraced becoming Green did so because their clients and prospective clients have asked them to do so.

We would like to ask you to make sure that your referred clients understand how great of a problem that this is and to ask them to choose a Green hosting provider like GreenGeeks.

Screen Shot 2015-11-01 at 10.25.38 PM

Here are the details for Green Geeks Special coupon codes:

  • Deal Details: 15% Off All New Hosting Packages, WordPress Hosting and 1 year of .com and .net Domain Registration.
  • Coupon Code:
  • Sale Begins: Sunday, November 1st 2015
  • Sale Ends: Unknown

Get Free Email Updates!

Signup now and receive an email once I publish new content.

I agree to have my personal information transfered to MailChimp ( more information )

I will never give away, trade or sell your email address. You can unsubscribe at any time.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *